Monday 11 December 2006

Russellz Hunt

Woah, what a weekend. I obviously don’t have an exciting life like my twin bro Russell Davies, I mean, have you seen all the stuff he’s been writing about. I don’t know where to begin…well I do actually, and that’s by finding out exactly how he manages to be so observant AND THEN have time to write about it.

Mark my words people, this is no small task, Russell is a very complex guy who discusses only the most abstract and relevant topics. Firstly I had to find him, and where better than a coffee shop. I know he doesn’t hang out in the likes of Starbucks, he has always been bitter about never doing the advertising for them, and now he’s just bitter he’s not doing advertising. Anyway, I popped into this one near Brixton and started my investigation excited about the observations that lay ahead.

The trail started with Mandee, the Stone Roses impersonator.







He had quite a lot to say about Russell, none of it complimentary, but then again he was still miffed about the time Russell had met him for coffee and then had left via the toilet window without paying. I smiled at Russell’s audacious and always exciting observant ways.

Anyway, sorry for being rubbish I’m making no sense or point at all just indulging in the fact you’re reading, sorry. So Mandee gave me this pie chart he had made, it outlines how Russell spends his day.















This is seriously useful as it confirms two suspicions: 1. That Russell still watches the Victoria Wood in Brighton VHS I bought him when we lived as kids in Strathclyde and, true to his profession, he reads the Observer a lot, I can’t be bothered to talk or write about the rest, I just fancy a coffee and maybe a kip in the bins outside W&K.

On my way to the back of despatch at W&K I thought I explore the conundrum on whether farts smell underwater, this kid confirmed my hunch.









What do you think?

2 comments:

Planners plumber said...

So, tell us about your mid-life crisis and wishes? How's it hanging after years of missing the boat passing innocents ideas of as your own grey cells...if you do I'll buy you a doughnut, then develop you a sumliminal media natural campign to bond these two persona's into one super brain*!

*(If you need any help, we can just grab jonny from CHI and have a I never really went to Oxford but am just street smart neutral conference in the AMV coffee bar - its free on Thursday's afdter 7)

russell said...

hello,

People tell me I should find this flattering and I can see that it's funny. But to be honest, it's really pretty depressing. Ah well. I'm too thin-skinned to be good at this stuff.

Anyway. Despite possible appearances to the contrary I talk to Arthur quite carefully about where and when I put his picture up and it seems slightly wrong that it's here without his permission. That maybe seem like a bit of a double-standard and apologies if it is, but if you could take it down I'd be grateful. Hope that's OK.

cheers

russell