Thursday 14 December 2006

My post of the month, mine, not yours





So I was thinking, as I’m totally out of my own ideas most of the time that I would write a post about posts. This must be my chaos theory observations kicking in as it’s based on the observation that I post and that I don’t have any actual ideas. Sorry of that confuses anyone but really, it was meant to.

So as I write all my posts, and I guess I’ll be honest AGAIN, all the comments that feature here lets go over what I’ve already done. This is just in case you get bored of me not posting and if for one second you think I’m not at my computer, drinking coffee and playing Second Life then you are sorely mistaken. HA.

I think my best post was, well all of them, so I’ll list them for you to see. They are all below this one. There you go.

So what next? Well I’m preparing to be the next President, no no silly, not like Martin Luther King was of America, far more important, the APG.

So why not help me plan how to be head planner/king/president whatever, of the APG?

I’ve worked out a checklist and let me know what you think of it:

Totally incompetent and therefore having enough time on my hands (due to not being in work really) to organise meetings which are actually chaired my a guest speaker paid for by audacious subscriptions. I may have to introduce guest speakers but that’s just fine
Be famous, well Russell is that, he’s in Campaign every week so I just need to let everyone know I’m his blogging brother and I’m sweet
80s wit. You know the stuff, we all smoke cigars and drink in Private Members clubs and joke about the young, creative and enthusiasts who are working away as we chuckle at working out that for every hour they work we get £20 per head while they get £2….I love that one
I mustn’t know anything about advertising/marketing/Second Life. Now this is where I’m going to put my foot down. Paul Arden once said that ‘books not about advertising are better than ones that are’, or something like that. Yeah, well I think coffee shops are better than ad agencies. I get to see people, they have windows for me to observe and it beats working, gee whizz it does.

So, there you have it. All I need is an incestuous group of buddies in overpaid positions that know how to have a laugh in order to help me rise unnaturally above my natural station. I’ll see if I can find Russell.

What do you think?

2 comments:

Planners Plumber said...

I think you should pop into somewhere with Wi-Fi, look for people working really hard with -
A. Powerpoint Papers (Yes I know you do not like PP)
or
B. A thesis or some education orientated books (Yes I know you know everything)
or
C. Tough one, a business plan book (Yes I know you read the FT and the WSJ and have time for the Guardian)

Then lean over and ask them if you can spare any work, or change to pay off your company credit card! Hurrah!

If that fails, just tell them that you have been an APG thing. Should work. Promise.

Personally old chap I thought that you did a great job, putting a blog on there and all that! Pip Pip. Just a shame all those courses which no one apart from a few agency top 5 rota planners go to were not a bit more, dare I say it, open. Mind you, I don't suppose there are enough clever types out there, out of there, with the balls for it. Never mind, here's a podcast of my interpretation of it.

Sorry if its a bit rough, but that american girl (link) with her own news channel that the Guardian (I read it you know) always talk about after Salaam Pax (link -interview net week. promise) never did one bloody media appreciation course or a Jon Steel How To Wipe Your Arse While Drawing Stickmen Flashcards course. I guess what I am trying to say in polite brief English is that its not fair.

After reflecting on my posts. I have come to an agreeable conclusion, My sentences. Are. Too Long. Especially for propositions. Or good advertising English. Which I know you all expect. From me. So here is a picture of me and Mark Earls (of waffle and banana's), Crying screaming why. why. why. Over a certain tombstone. Plus a circle enducing PDF of his original explanation of a brand. And of the birds and the bees.

Ahhh! As Stanley Pollards - He is a god, don't you know? Forget anything else you read, Stanley Pollards - if only I were an ounce of a man. Forget Phillip Green, Anita Rodrick, Richard Dawkins, or even me for a minute...what a man!

If I had an ounce of his knowledge I would be where I am today. Or like those guys round at (insert new retired planner new 'company'/ dodgy book here)

What do you think?

The Hyacinth Girl said...

Oh Bumble,

You Rock