Wednesday 13 December 2006

Coffee Shop Life



I found him, I bloody well found him. Russell was in a coffee shop, hmph, no surprises there eh Russell.




Thing is, we actually had nothing to talk about. He let me take his picture and then asked me what I’d observed today. I was still a bit happy from that bottle of wine Marty and I found in the bin at Battersea Park so I used my out of the box thinking and asked him the same question, he said I asked you first, I said so what and he got so angry that I didn’t tell him all my ideas and observations that he ended up giving me a Chinese Burn.






Russell then stormed out the coffee shop saying he was going to find some real thinkers to listen to and write about. It’s strange as I now remember when I was at W&K and Russell wasn’t working that he asked about my observations every day, when I wouldn’t tell him he’d get angry and give me a Chinese burn. Someone once joked with me that after I was fired he was working there.

Anyway, that’s boring and even more boring was our chat over coffee, it could have been so different if we had done it in a park or just somewhere outside that would free our capitalist minds guised as those with compassion, creativity and humanity with a dash of wannabe cool hunter. Yeah.

Well, what else did I do? I hung around the coffee shop and then all of a sudden I leaped up and cried ‘SHIT’. I had just remembered that I had ordered a load of Christmas presents from another coffee shop and had emailed the supplier (The Gadget Shop) to deliver it there. What a wolly I am, I mean when I was at W&K there was toothless man who wandered in from the DSS to sign for that kind of thing but who would sign for it at the coffee shop. Furthermore, the fact I’m never there and at other coffee shops should have made it really obvious when ordering that this was on par with the most stupid thing I had ever done. Sigh. I’ve now made a t-shirt with Waiting For Xmas Presents on it.
I just hope I’m now sat in the right coffee shop playing Second Life for a good reason. What do you think?

1 comment:

Planners Plumber said...

Hi Bumble. Jonny over at AMV asks me to ask you if you fancied putting up a new post and a few forum threads on the subject of my wife leaving me if I don'y stop nicking ideas.

Arthur wondered into the shed and found a team of Polish immigrants and D&AD hopeful's in there writing material for me.

Cut a long story short, the missis sussed me after the I know what its like to be black campaign and book got shot down alongside Malcom Gladnotwellinthehead in the Polish Amazon charts.

Now I am in the shit. So Jonny told me an idea to ask you, and as my brother you could give me some help/ posts/ pr.

What do you think?